What's New in Version 3.4
Statbook is a sports tracking and publishing tool for Mac OS X and Windows. With Statbook, users can easily track statistics for any sport and includes built-in templates for baseball, softball, basketball, soccer, and with the release of Version 3.4, football and Volleyball.
After the initial setup, you are literally one button click away from building your HTML files to send via Email or publish on the Internet.
Statbook Minimum Requirements:
- Mac OS X 10.4 or Higher; PowerPC or Intel Processor
- Windows 7, Vista, XP and 2000. (Other versions may work but are not supported)
Upgrading files created in Version 3.0+
NOTE: With any new release it is always best to backup your file before opening in the new version.
There are numerous changes in this release and files created in Version 3.0 through 3.3 are completely compatible. However, if you are restoring/adding default reports, some fields in the default reports may not be compatible (may produce "no such column" errors).
In addition, when editing reports, all the "Favorites" fields have been updated to reflect the default report names and fields, so be sure you understand what the "Result" fields mean when updating reports.
For example, if you add a field to an "Overall" type report and you select "Last, First (w/ link)" file, the link will not be compatible with your 3.3 file. This can easily be remedied by either changing the link reference (i.e., change the "PlayerProfile" portion to "PlayerStats") or changing the name of the report that it is referencing (i.e., Rename the "Player Stats" report title to "Player Profile")
Another easy way to make 3.0+ files compatible with 3.4 is to add or update the default reports. (See the "Add Default Reports..." and "Restore Defaults Reports" menu items from the "Reports" menu)
What's New in this Release
- Using the built-in MaxPreps report, you can now export a MaxPreps compatible boxscore file which allows you to import these statistics to your MaxPreps.com account (See the Help Videos section for information on how to save this type of report)
- See the following link for more information on MaxPreps: http://www.maxpreps.com/utility/aboutus.aspx
- Added new Football and Volleyball templates. Like all Statbook templates, football and volleyball come with numerous (70+) built-in statistics and plenty (20) of built-in reports to help get you started
- Added numerous built-in statistics to Basketball, Baseball and Soccer Templates
- Updated Default Reports for all sports
- Added new "Photo" field to roster which makes it easy to add Photos to reports (See built-in "Player Profile" report)
Other New Features
- Added "Add Default Report" menu item which allows you to restore default reports one at a time.
- Allows International sorting (decimal comma) for Web Created reports
- Can now have reports selected (i.e., checked) when report above has "Group with Next" option checked. (Duplicated report will not be created/printed anymore)
- Can now delete multiple fields at once when editing a report
- Added new descriptive separator rows to "Favorites" listbox (when editing a report)
- Added option to change the default "Last Name, First Name" display when inputting statistics on the "Games" Input area (See Preferences -> Names For Stats Input option)
- Added option in Preferences to change the default Input Statistics Headings/iPhone Category Names on the "Games" input area
Numerous changes and bugs fixes including:
- Baseball Template: Fixed Slugging calculations on all default reports
- Changed "Add Report" to "Create New Report" (Report menu)
- Fixed display bug on "Do not show again" dialog
- Fixed bug when saving file off screen, file could not be seen on re-launch. (Might happen when you had a dual monitor and then re-launched on a single monitor)
- Fixed a problem for 'Boxscore' or 'Player' type reports and using MIN(,) or MAX(,) functions within the 'Result" field. (i.e., MIN and MAX can now be used)
- Fixed result area (Edit Reports) so that the text now wraps as it did in previous versions of Statbook
- Reorganized Preferences area
- Reorganized and Changed order of Report menu items